My guest his week, Dan Ariely needs no introduction. But just in case, he is one of the worlds most influential psychologists. His work - and he - have inspired and continue to feed my passion, mission, vision and work. In this gloves-off conversation, he explains how leaders build work cultures that kill motivation -dead. He explains what to do, and what not to do, to unleash productivity, efficiency, and innovation. Here’s just a few of his top tips:
- You get what you measure, so be sure to measure the right things
- You CANNOT ignore the way people feel. Feeling empowered = success
- Bureaucracy and rigid processes stifle excellence and innovation
- Promoting diverse players to senior positions is not enough. The most successful companies nurture environments where diverse hires FEEL absolutely equal to the colleagues.
- Architect cultures where people feel safe to share and discuss opinions
Basically, If you want to get the best from your most important asset, people, you have to CREATE culture. There are no quick fixes.
Go to https://www.katzkiely.com/create to see the CREATE Framework, for full transcripts and to send feedback and suggestions.
Katz on twitter : https://twitter.com/katzy
beep on twitter : https://twitter.com/beepmindshift
Find out about beep’s CREATE Framework and it’s uniquely effective approach to cultural and operational transformation here ; http://wearebeep.com/
Humans Leading Humans is brought to you in partnership with the Marketing Society. TMS inspire, accelerate and unite the worlds smartest leaders - find out more and join the global community https://www.marketingsociety.com/
Thanks to SuperTerranea for the magical sting of stings: https://www.superterranea.com/